Peer Reviewer Eligibility Criteria
The following criteria are used to determine the acceptance of a peer reviewer for SERDEC Education Journal:
Knowledge and experience in a particular scientific field of interest of SERDEC Education Journal (SEJ).
An individual researcher, who accepts standards, guidelines publication ethics of SEJ.
An individual capable of speaking English smoothly for English papers and Arabic language for Arabic papers.
Publication articles of SERDEC Education Journal should meet the following criteria:
- Originality that will contribute to the base of scientific knowledge.
- Findings reported have not been published elsewhere.
- Statistics and other analyses are performed to a high technical standard and are described in sufficient detail (if applicable).
- The paper meets the guidelines and publication ethics of SEJ.
- The paper meets the scientific Methodology for writing scientific articles
- The interest of readers and researchers.
- Contemporary life and current issues
Peer Review Process
- When SEJ receives the article, a verification e-mail will be sent to the author.
- All papers will be checked by an advanced plagiarism tool before being sent to the reviewers.
- All papers will be peer-reviewed by two or three reviewers.
- The reviewers will not know author details as will themselves remain unidentified to the author.
- Eight weeks after the submission, the author will receive an e-mail notification whether the article has been accepted or rejected.
Types of Peer Review and Editorial Decision Making
- Return without review;
- Recommend transfer to another journal;
- Send the manuscript for peer review;
- Accept in its present form;
- Accept with minor revisions;
- Accept with major revisions;
- Revise and resubmit, and